Preparing Yourself for Treatment
- Please take the time to download and fill out the paperwork forms located on the right.
- Avoid eating heavy meals 2-3 hours before the appointment.
- Wear loose fitting clothes. For some treatments clothing may need to be removed (Treatments are conducted in private rooms).
- Avoid coffee and other dark beverages before your appointment. The doctor will be inspecting the tongue and dark liquids can change its color.
- Avoid brushing/scrapping your tongue, while brushing your teeth, for 24 hours before your appointment.
- Avoid heavily caffeinated beverages and alcohol before your treatment.
- In Traditional Chinese Medicine the whole person is treated not just the symptom, nothing is insignificant. The doctor will ask questions that are seemingly unrelated to the chief complaint
- No heavy perfumes or colognes please.
- Avoid extremely strenuous activity immediately before your appointment
- Ladies, please inform the doctor if you are having your cycle. Treatment may have to be rescheduled, unless treating menstrual issues. There is no fee if rescheduling is needed.
After acupuncture or electroacupuncture the body is in a state of healing so it is best to give it every opportunity to do so. Here are a few things you can do to help your body get the most out of your acupuncture treatment.
- Go light on your regular workout routine the day of your treatment.Rest. Some people notice an increase in energy after a treatment. Best to let your body use that for the emotional and physical restoration it is intended for.
- Rest. Some people notice an increase in energy after a treatment. Best to let your body use that for the emotional and physical restoration it is intended for.
- Use heat instead of ice, if you must. Heat helps to keep the flow of energy moving which will help to remove the pain. Cold condenses energy and is counterproductive.
- Avoid coffee and alcohol. Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated will help to remove toxins from your system. Coffee and alcohol have dehydrating effects on the body and is counterproductive to acupuncture therapy.
- Eat good food. Avoid highly processed food, high sugar foods and high fat foods.
Instructions For Ear Acupuncture (TACKS)
- After application continue to wear for at least 2 to 3 days.
- Compress each point for at least 30 seconds until a sense of burning or pressure is felt. Repeat this process for each point 5 times daily.
- Keep the treated ear dry. Do not wash or wet the needles.
- If the applications persistently itch, remove them immediately.
General Preparation of Herbs
- Arrange herbs evenly within a saucepan, pot, or slow cooker.
- Add 7 cups of water and cover for 30 minutes.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer approximately 2 hours or until 1 cup of water remains.
- Drink twice a day before breakfast and after dinner.